Non-Encumbrance Certificate is issued for the purpose of mortgaging the property for the purpose of seeking loans or for lease.
FAQ on Surviving Members Certificate
Where do I have to go and during which hours?
Which papers/documents/fees, do I take with me?
What will be the criteria used while deciding my case?
When will I get a response?
Q. Where do I have to go and during which hours?
To the office of Sub-Divisional Magistrate in whose jurisdiction in whose jurisdiction you reside during 9.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. on any working day. Click Here to obtain the contact address of the SDM in whose jurisdiction in your colony lies.
Q. Which papers/documents/fees, do I take with me?
- Application on plain paper.
- Copy of documentary evidence in original showing ownership of the property in the name of the applicant i.e. sale deed, GPA etc.
- Copy of ration card showing Delhi address, duly attested by a Gazetted Officer. Affidavit of applicant regarding the ownership of the property in question and also that the said property is free from all sort of encumbrances.
- For proforma of affidavit, Click here.
- Affidavit from two advocates that the property is free from encumbrance. For proforma of the report, Click here.
- Copy of letter/reference of the authority before whom the certificate is to be submitted.
Q. What will be the criteria used while deciding my case?
After the receipt of the application, the same is sent to Sub-Registrar in whose office the ownership document has been registered, for enquiry and report. In case the report is favourable, the requisite certificate is issued to the applicant.
Q. When will I get a response?
You should be getting a response normally within 21 days.