Recreation Centre for Senior Citizens:-
Aims and Objectives:- The sole aim of setting up of Recreation Centers for Old Age Persons is to provide facilities for relaxation, avenues of Social for their leisure time. These facilities would keep the Aged Persons integrated in their respective families and the old persons will not be looked upon as problem to be cared for in the daytime when the family members go for their work/ vocation. Altogether 83 Recreation Centers are being run by civil Society Organizations in different areas of Delhi.
1. Senior Citizen organizations/RWAs and those NGOs who are exclusively working on the issues related to the Welfare of the Senior Citizens.
2. The Organization should have at least three year old Registration under Societies Registration Act which can be relaxed in case of Organization of Senior Citizens themselves/ The societies registered with the Registrar of Cooperative Societies are also eligible.
3. It should have at least 50 registered members with it.
Pattern of Assistance:- Non Recurring Grant:- One time grant in the tune of Rs,75,000/- (Rupees Seventy Five Thousand only) to the organizations having space available for purchase of chairs, tables, cupboards, Television, Indoor Game items, coolers, water coolers, curtains etc. as per the need.
Recurring Grant:- In the tune of Rs, 20,000/- (Rupees Twenty Thousand only) for covering operational expenses, which includes payments for the attendants, rent, minor repairs in case of owned building, organizing tours, health camps/yoga camps, discussions and seminars, celebration of National and religious festivals, purchase of news papers, magazines, periodicals, payment of water and electricity charges and other incidental expenses. The Recurring Grant could be utilized on the following sub-heads:-
1. Salaries of the staff/rent/repairs/payment of water and electricity charges.
2. Organization of Health Camps/Yoga Camps/ Nutrition Seminars and workshops, Celebration of festivals, purchase of News papers, magazines etc.
3. Organizing tours/visits etc.
4. Any other incidental expenses
The Recurring Grant is not restricted sub-head wise and it could be spent on any or all of the sub-heads mentioned above.
The NGOs having no premises available with them may be given only recurring grant to the tune of Rs.10,000/- (Rupees Ten Thousand)per month covering all the components given above