||Prime Minister Rozgar Yojana
The scheme has been designed to provide employment to educated unemployed youth through setting up of micro enterprises in industry, service and business.Target Public:
The scheme is for all educated unemployed persons of age 18-35 years, with a 10 years age relaxation for SC/ STs, ex-servicemen, physically handicapped persons and women. The scheme envisages 22.5% reservation for SC/ ST and 27 % for Other Backward Class (OBCs).
All economically viable activities including agriculture and allied activities but excluding direct agricultural operations like raising crop, purchase of manure etc are covered under the scheme.
No collateral is required for projects upto Rs. 1 lakh.
Any unemployed educated person fulfilling the following conditions is eligible for getting the benefit under the scheme :-
- Age between 18 to 35 years. However in case of SC/ ST person, ex-servicemen, Physically handicapped persons and women, the age limit is 18 to 45 years.
- Minimum VIII passed preference will be given to those who have been trained for any trade in Government Recognized/ approved institutions for a duration of at least six months.
- Neither the income of the applicant along with the spouse nor the income of parents of the applicant shall exceed Rs. 24,000/- per annum.
- Permanent resident of the Delhi for the last three years.
- Should not be a defaulter of any Nationalized bank/ financial institution/ cooperative bank. Further, a person already assisted under other subsidy linked Government schemes would not be eligible under this scheme.
How To Apply:
- Loan amount is upto Rs. 1.00 lakh for business sector and upto Rs. 2.00 lakh for other activities.
- Projects upto Rs.1.00 lakh for business activities and Rs. 2 lakh for other activities are financed under the scheme through loan and subsidy. If two or more eligible persons apply together as a partnership, projects upto Rs. 10.00 lakhs are eligible for finance. Assistance however is limited to individual admissibility. Subsidy is limited to 15% of the total project cost subject to a ceiling of Rs. 7500/- per entrepreneur.
- Normal bank rate of interest shall be charged.
- Repayment may vary from 3 to 7 years.
The eligible persons can obtain a blank Application Form for the scheme from the office of the O/o the Deputy Commissioner(North-West), Kanjhawala, Delhi-110 081. Duly filled application form along with the required documents, is to be submitted at the above mentioned address.Document Required:
The following documents must accompany the Application form :
Whom To Contact:
- Educational Qualification Certificate (Certificate of VIII pass or higher qualification).
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Ration Card (Attested Copy)
- Affidavit in prescribed proforma attested by the Oath Commissioner.
- Two self-attested passport size photographs.
O/o the Deputy Commissioner(North-West), Kanjhawala, Delhi-110 081