- He will receive the patient on admission and assist the patient in getting into or out of the bed.
- He will attend to the personal hygiene of patients washing and cleaning teeth, changing clothing, giving enema etc.
- He will prepare the patient for operation, Laboratory, X-Ray and other investigation.
- He will transport patients to various departments in the hospital.
- He will help in feeding patients and giving drinking water to patients and washing utensils.
- He will assist the nurse in handling and observation of patient and in simple basic nursing procedure.
- He will assist the nurse or doctor in diagnostic and treatment procedure.
- He will assist in collection and handling of pathological specimens.
- He will assist the nurse in receiving supplies by running errands to other departments of the hospital and in caring messages to other departments and individuals in the hospital.
- He will make beds for ambulatory patients and assist the nurse in making beds of non-ambulatory cases.
- He will assist the nurse in getting supplies from the laundry, disinfecting mattresses and dispatching dirty linen to the laundry.
- He will clear and do dusting of beds, doors, windows and other furniture, He will assist in debugging and pest control of wards.
- He will wash walls and doors in wards.
- He will assist in sterilization of instruments appliances and dressings and dressing of post-operative wounds.
- He will render first aid to patients in case of emergency.
- He will prepare dead bodies; arrange their transportation to mortuary and assist in terminal disinfections.
- He will do any other duty that may be assigned to him.