||Achievements and Statistics
- The Department is a recognized center for Post-Doctoral training Course in Burns & Plastic Surgery since 1997 (Diplomats of National Board of Examination-Plastic Surgery).
- The department is recognized as the Centre of Excellence in the country by Association of American Physicians of India (AAPI).
- The department is regularly organizing National & Regional Conferences, Workshops and Updates (CME's) for the last 16 years.
- The Faculty and Residents are regularly presenting papers in National and International Conferences and have also published papers in various National and International Journals.
- The Department organized 7th Asia Pacific Burns Conference (APBC) in January 2009 under the Chairmanship of Dr. Rajeev Ahuja. The Conference was followed by 2 days CME program, "Ethicon accredited Burns Course" which was attended by Post Graduate students and Junior Plastic Surgeons from all over the country and was a huge success. The faculty included National and International speakers.
- Dr. R. B. Ahuja is Honorary Consultant for Indian Armed Forces and is on the Editorial Board/Reviewer of various National and International Journals ("Burns" Official Journal of International Society of Burn Injuries (ISBI)), "Journal of Plastic, Roconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery"(British), "Cleft & Craniofacial Journal" (American), "Journal of Burn Care Rehabilitation" and "The Hournal of Surgical Oncology").
- Dr. Ahuja is Secretary ISBI, Secretary General - Asia Pacific section of IPRAS, (International Confederation of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS 2009).
- Dr.P.S.Bhandari is President of Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (Delhi Chapter). Dr. Ahuja, Dr. Bhandari and Dr. Arun Goel are M. Ch. Examiner for various universities.
- Dr. Prabhat Shrivastava were elected as the members of the National Executive of National Academy of Burns-India (NABI) for a period of 3 years.
- The Department also organized the 40th Annual Conference of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSICON 2005), from 6th -10th November 2005, under the Chairmanship of Dr.Rajeev Ahuja. The Conference was a huge success.
- Dr.Prabhat Shrivastava got elected as the member of the National Executive of Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (APSI).
- The department is organising 15th World Congress of IPRAS 2009 from 29-11-2009 to 13-12-2009 at Hotel The Ashok, New Delhi.