SARDAR VALLABH BHAI PATEL HOSPITAL,
GOVT.OF N.C.T OF DELHI EAST PATEL NAGAR,
NEW DELHI – 110008
Current Store Status of Medicines & Surgical Consumables
Inventory of Stocks & Consumables
Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel Hospital is located in thickly populated colony of Patel Nagar ( Part of West Delhi), surrounded by adjoining colonies of Baba Farid Puri, Rajasthan Colony, Prem Nagar, Baljeet Nagar, Ranjeet Nagar, Shadi Pur, Kathputli Colony, Regar Pura etc inhabitated by large population of people belonging to Low and Middle Socio – economic status. About 7 – 8 lakhs of people fall in the catchment area of the Hospital and are dependent on this hospital for their day-to-day Health needs.
Earlier this was an MCW centre with MCD, which was taken over from MCD by Govt of NCT of Delhi on 01 – 10 – 1996 by a special act passed through assembly. The prime aim of the take over was to up grade this hospital to 50 bedded capacity so that it acts as a Secondary Level Health care delivery outlet in the area thus reducing workload on Tertiary level Hospitals like RML Hospital, Lady Harding, Kalawati Saran, LNJP Hospital etc so that the bigger Hospitals can work more efficiently.
The 50-bedded Hospital is fully functional at present providing round the clock facilities in different specialties (Mentioned later on). The Increasing attendance in OPD & Casualty, Increasing number of Laboratory Tests, X Rays & Ultrasound, More & More patients are being operated upon and rising Bed Occupancy Rate is an indication of growing Popularity of the Hospital in the area and sincere attempt of Govt of NCT of Delhi and staff of the Hospital in Up Gradation of the Hospital.
The Hospital, known by nick name of ( Pahadi Walla Hospital) is located on a very Small Hillock just opposite Post Office Patel Nagar at a walking distance from Patel Nagar Metro Station and is surrounded by Greenery all over.
The Hospital is Three Storey building divided into Two Wings spread on an area of 5339 Sq m with built up area of 2334 sq m and falls under the jurisdiction of MCD. At present the Hospital is maintained by PWD Delhi.
SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE HOSPITAL:-( A ) OUT PATIENT SERVICES:-
The Hospital is providing Primary & Secondary level health care facilities to the patients attending OPD Services in following specialties in routine working hours.
- General Medicine.
- Surgery & Minor OT Services.
- Gynecology & Obstetrics.
- Skin & VD
Medicines are dispensed to the patient from the Pharmacy free of cost as per List of Essential drugs of Govt of NCT of Delhi and prescription of the Treating Doctor.
Special clinics: -
- Sunday clinic for senior citizen/older people on every Sunday (Morning)
- Diabetics and Hypertension clinic in afternoon of every Monday and Wednesday, which also provide services to older people.
- Diabetes screening and counseling centre on every working day.
- Infant and young child feeding counseling centre on every working day.
- Antenatal clinic / Immunization clinic on every working day.
( B ) IN PATIENT SERVICES:-
The Hospital is providing round the clock 50 bedded In Patient Services to the patients attending the Hospital in all above-mentioned specialties except dental cases. Apart from these, there are 6 stand by beds for disaster management.
( C ) EMERGENCY SERVICES:-
The Hospital is well equipped to provide round the clock Emergency/casualty Services, however emergency Operation Facilities are not available at present.
( D ) OPERATION THEATRE SERVICES:-
The Hospital has well equipped four Minor & Four Major Operation Theatre to conduct various Operations; However Emergency Operation Theatre facility at night is not available in the Hospital at present due to non-availability of blood storage unit.
( E ) LABOUR ROOM SERVICES:-
The Hospital is well equipped and providing round the clock labour room facilities with an attached nursery along with it except difficult operable obstetrics cases which are referred to higher centre.
( F ) DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES:-
The various diagnostic services available in the Hospital are enlisted below.
- Laboratory Services:- The Hospital is equipped with latest machines to perform all varieties of Blood, Urine and other investigations daily.
- X Ray & Ultrasound Services:- One 500 ma X ray Machine, One 60 ma Potable X Ray Machine & One Ultrasound Machine are presently installed and functioning in the Hospital.
- DOTS & Microscopy Centre:- One DOTS & Microscopy centre is presently functioning in the hospital providing services to TB patients under DOTS.
- Malaria clinic:- One Malaria Clinic is run by MCD in the premises of the Hospital.
( G ) IMPLEMENTATION OF VARIOUS NATIONAL & STATE HEALTH PROGRAMMES:-
The Hospital is actively participating in Implementation of various National & State Health Programs as enlisted below-
- AIDS Control Program.
- Motia Bind Mukti Abhiyan (NPCB)
- National Rural Health Mission
- National Tobacco control Programme
- Deafness control Programme
- Right to Information ACT
( H ) I. E. C. SERVICES (Information, Education and communication services)
IEC activities are regularly carried out in the Hospital through display of Banner,Posters / Hoardings, distribution of leaflets, pamphlets on special health programmes and general health awareness. Campaign.
- Infant and young child feeding counseling centre functioning.
- Diabetes screening and counseling centre functioning.
- Pre-placement training and reorientation training programmes, seminar, workshop under CME for various categories of staff to upgrade their technical knowledge and skill for ensuring delivery of quality services.
(I) Functioning of various quality circles in the hospital for quality management.
(J) Help Desk:- Provides guidance to patients attending hospitals including older persons.
(K)Ambulance Services: - One routine ambulance, one life support ambulance, CATS ambulance and one ambulance managed by NGO (only daytime) are available free of cost.
(L) Rogi Kalyan Samiti is constituted for the welfare of the patients under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble local MLA
(M) Medical Records Department:- Maintains OPD and inpatients department records.
Contact persons under RTI ACT.