This charter seeks to provide a framework which enables our patients to know:
- What services are available in this hospital,
- The quality of services they are entitled to
- The means through which complaints regarding denial or poor quality of service will be redressed.
- To be perceived as a leading super-specialty tertiary care centre in the country.
- To incorporate the latest scientific & technological advances in health care, teaching, training and research activities.
- To be a centre of excellence which offers safe & quality health care through a humane approach.
- To maintain the highest possible standard in all our endeavors.
Standards of Service:
- This is a super-specialty tertiary care, referral Hospital of Govt. of NCT Delhi.
- It provides medical care to all patients who are referred to the hospital.
- Standards are influenced by patient load and availability of resources, which are generally under strain. On an average, up to 2000 patients attend the OPD daily. Yet we ensure that all our users receive courteous and prompt attention.
- Every Out Patient seeking treatment at the hospital is registered and issued a Card for recording symptoms, diagnosis and treatment being provided.
- Boards indicating unit on duty on various days are displayed at receptions and in the main hall of OPD.
- All patients attending OPD and/or admitted in General Wards of the Hospital are treated free of cost.
- Free diet is provided to all patients in the General Wards.
- Every patient is given one attendant pass.
- Lifts are available for access to higher floors.
- There is standby generator to cater to emergency services in case of breakdown of electricity.
- Public Telephone Booths are available at various locations in the hospitals.
- Adequate drinking water and toilet facilities are available.
- Location Guide Map is available near the main entrance of the old building of this hospital.
- Color coded guidelines and directional sign boards are fixed at strategic points for guidance.
- Enquiry counters exist in the OPD Hall and Nursing home during OPD hours.
- Doctors wear white aprons and Nurses are in uniform.
- All Staff Members wear identity cards.
- A police control room functions round the clock. The control room can also be accessed over phone number: 23234242 - 5054.
1-J. L. Nehru Marg, New Delhi, Near Delhi Gate,
I.P. State, New Delhi-110002 ( Ph No.: 23370928)
L.N. Hospital Campus New Delhi. (Ph. No.: 23232294)
Telephone Nos. (Hospital Exchange)
91-11-, 23233001-9, 23234242, 23234568, 23232140,
23234630, 23234627,23234621, 23235683, 23231190,
E-mail : email@example.com
Web Site : http://gbpant.delhigovt.nic.in
Inquiry : Reception Counter, 24 Hours, Ext. No. 5090