||Fire Precautions in High Rise Buildings
|The threat of fire in High Rise Buildings is constant and if adequate precautionary measures are not taken, the consequences can be grave. Therefore, observe the following basic precautions. |
|Do’s ||Don’ts |
- Good House Keeping must be ensured.
- Always use ashtrays while smoking and deposit smoked butts in them after extinguishing.
- All receptacles for waste should be emptied at regular intervals.
- Faculty electrical appliances should be repaired/replaced immediately.
- Switches and fuses should conform to correct rating of circuit.
- Welding /Cutting jobs should be carried out under strict supervision.
- Keep smoke/Fire Check doors closed.
- Keep means of escape clear of obstructions.
- Fire Rescue drills should be carried out at regular intervals.
- Impart elementary fire fighting training to occupants.
- Emergency organization must be setup.
- Don’t dispose off lighted cigarette ends carelessly.
- Don’t plug too many electrical appliances in one socket.
- Don’t paint fire detector/sprinkler heads
DOWNLOAD PRECAUTIONS FOR REFERENCE