Govt. of N.C.T. of Delhi is keen on expanding the scope and role of e-Governance in the State. GNCTD recognizes the need of the citizens to access anytime anywhere services in an efficient, reliable and transparent manner while at the same time wishes to significantly improve the service delivery capability of the Government.
The Barcode infrastructure for Supply Chain Management of Liquor Sale in Delhi has been initiated by the Govt. of NCT of Delhi with the objective to make the system more transparent, efficient, effective and accountable with the help of Information & Communication Technology (ICT).
The introduction of comprehensive 2D serialized bar code system in Delhi will help the Government to provide real time information to the Excise Department.
With a view to achieve the above objective, a study was commissioned through National Institute for Smart Government (NISG) under Department of Information Technology, Govt. of NCT of Delhi to provide the comprehensive robust solution for the Excise Department, Govt. of NCT of Delhi. After critical analysis of the technology available, Govt. of NCT of Delhi has decided that 2D serialized Bar coding may be implemented which is used all over the world in Supply Chain Management Systems.
The main features of Bar Coding Project are as follows:
1. The project will be implemented on 'Design-Build-Own-Operate-Transfer (DBOOT)' basis and the entire cost for the project covering installation of Hardware, development of Software; customization for Excise data centre and four corporation (all point of sale) engaged in sale of liquor will be borne by the Implementing Agency (IA) . IA will be providing necessary operation and maintenance support for the full duration of the project period of seven years. The investment made by the Implementing Agency (IA) will be paid back to IA through a cost charged on every bottle of liquor passing through the 2D serialized Bar-Coding ESCIMS System finally at point of sale.
2. The implementation of the system would enable tracking of every bottle of liquor from distillery to the point of sale; Monitoring of Import Permit (IP) and Transport Permit (TP), tracking of liquor consignments on real-time basis; efficient decision making based on MIS, qualified information on sales and revenue collections; effective grievance redressal and ensuring delivery of genuine liquor at the Vends. All bottles sold by the retail vendors will pass through Bar Coding machine. Every bottle sold will be accounted on real time basis.
3. The project will bring about 'On Line Management Information System' of key Excise Information parameters, which will be efficient, effective and more transparent in regulation of Bonded Warehouses and Liquor points of sale.
4. The Project envisages provisioning of IT & Non-IT infrastructure at the i. Excise Deptt. ii. Four Govt. Corporations, engaged in retail sales of Liquor i.e. Delhi State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. (DSIIDC) , Delhi Tourism & Transportation Development Corporation Ltd. (DTTDC), Delhi State Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd. & Delhi Consumer's Co-operative Wholesale Store Ltd.; and their headquarters and retail liquor vends
5. For ensuring transparency and to achieve the deliverables, a comprehensive audit of security and financial processes involved in the system would be carried out by independent third party agency.
6 The major stakeholders of this projects would be Excise Dept., retail vends of Four Govt. Corporations i.e. 1. Delhi State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. (DSIIDC), 2. Delhi Tourism & Transportation Development Corporation Ltd. (DTTDC), 3. Delhi State Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd., 4. Delhi Consumer's Co-operative Wholesale Store Ltd. , Bonded Warehouses , Distilleries in various States, Points of sale of CSD Canteens, private vends, Hotels, Clubs, Restaurants etc.
7. Generation of comprehensive reports will help managerial control, inventory management, and improved efficiency and enable revenue reconciliation on daily basis.
8. The process for selecting Implementing Agency for Excise Supply Chain Information Management System (ESCIMS) has been completed.
9. M/s. Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., an Implementing Agency for ESCIMS has already been selected.
10. NISG was nominated as PMU by the streering committee of the ESCIMS project headed by Principal Secretary, Finance Department, GNCTD vide decision taken in the meeting dated 08/04/2010. For more details on NISG visit www.nisg.org