The main features of Bar Coding Project are as follows:
1. The project has been implemented on 'Design-Build-Own-Operate-Transfer (DBOOT)' basis and the entire cost for the project covering installation of Hardware, development of Software; customization for Excise data centre and four corporation (all point of sale) engaged in sale of liquor has been borne by the Implementing Agency (IA) . IA will provide necessary operation and maintenance support for the full duration of the project period of seven years. The investment made by the Implementing Agency (IA) will be paid back to IA through a cost charged on every bottle of liquor passing through the 2D serialized Bar-Coding ESCIMS System finally at point of sale.
2. The implementation of the system enables tracking of every bottle of liquor from distillery to the point of sale; Monitoring of Import Permit (IP) and Transport Permit (TP), tracking of liquor consignments on real-time basis; efficient decision making based on MIS, qualified information on sales and revenue collections; effective grievance redressal and ensuring delivery of genuine liquor at the Vends. All bottles sold by the retail vendors will pass through Bar Coding machine. Every bottle sold is accounted on real time basis.
3. The project brings about 'On Line Management Information System' of key Excise Information parameters, which has been efficient, effective and more transparent in regulation of Bonded Warehouses and Liquor points of sale.
4. The Project envisages provisioning of IT & Non-IT infrastructure at the i. Excise Deptt. ii. Four Govt. Corporations, engaged in retail sales of Liquor i.e. Delhi State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. (DSIIDC) , Delhi Tourism & Transportation Development Corporation Ltd. (DTTDC), Delhi State Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd. & Delhi Consumer's Co-operative Wholesale Store Ltd.; and their headquarters and retail liquor vends
5. For ensuring transparency and to achieve the deliverables, a comprehensive audit of security and financial processes involved in the system has been carried out by independent third party agency.
6 The major stakeholders of this projects would be Excise Dept., retail vends of Four Govt. Corporations i.e. 1. Delhi State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. (DSIIDC), 2. Delhi Tourism & Transportation Development Corporation Ltd. (DTTDC), 3. Delhi State Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd., 4. Delhi Consumer's Co-operative Wholesale Store Ltd. , Bonded Warehouses , Distilleries in various States, Points of sale of CSD Canteens, private vends, Hotels, Clubs, Restaurants etc.
7. Generation of comprehensive reports helps managerial control, inventory management, and improved efficiency and enable revenue reconciliation on daily basis.
8. M/s. Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., is the Implementing Agency for ESCIMS .
9. NISG has been nominated as PMU by the streering committee of the ESCIMS project headed by Principal Secretary, Finance Department, GNCTD vide decision taken in the meeting dated 08/04/2010. For more details on NISG visit www.nisg.org