Safdar H. Khan , Chairmain A Profile
Safdar H. Khan worked as Executive Director, National Centre For Trade Information, Sr. GM (Chief of Security, Protocol, Cultural, Commercial Publicity & Public Relations, Design and Display Divisions) in India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India erstwhile Trade Fair Authority of India, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. Shri Khan has also worked as Chief Vigilance Officer for more than five years in the ITPO. Shri Khan joined ITPO with varied experience of over 12 years in police force. He joined the Govt. services as Deputy Superintendent of Police IN CRPF, Ministry of Home Affairs, in 1972. During his tenure in the police force covering Manipur and Nagaland, he conducted encounters with Naga hostiles and apprehended more than 10 China trained underground hostiles along with their arms and ammunition.
Besides his vast experience in the para-military force, he was nominated as Director of Security & Protocol through Ministry of Commerce during the Conference of ‘Global system of Trade Preferences’ (GSTP) held at Palam Airport, New Delhi in the month of July, 1985. Shri Khan was also nominated Chief of Protocol (IGI Airport) for UN-ESCAP Conference (under United Nations) held from April 5-13, 1994 at New Delhi to receive all Heads of Delegations/Representatives of 57 participating countries.
Shri Khan had also represented India in overseas fairs in more than 70 countries i.e. U.K. Venezuela, Germany, Japan, Australia, Sweden, Hungary, South Korea, Turkey, Syria, Ghana, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Trinidad & Tobago, Kazakhstan and China etc. Leader of the team.
As Chief of Security (GM/SGM) there has been no incident involving breach of Security for more than three decades at ITPO’s events in Pragati Maidan.
He worked very closely with Late Mr. Mohammad Yunus, former Chairman, Trade Fair Authority of India, Shri. N.S. Saxena, IPS, former Member of UPSC and Director General of Police, Shri A.N. Verma, Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister, Shri Surendra Singh and Shri Zafar Saifullah, former Cabinet Secretaries.
In 2000 when a severe earthquake devasted Gujarat, Shri Khan tirelessly worked to help the victims. Due to his efforts, a consignment consisting of waterproof tents, clothes and foot items worth Rs. 20 lakhs was sent to Gujarat for distribution among the victims.
Shri Safdar H. Khan has also had a brilliant academic record all along from High School to Post Graduation. He is a product of Aligarh Mulim University and did M.A. in Psychology. Shri Khan is the President of Aligarh Muslim University Old Boys’Association of Delhi for more than 10 years. (Three term)
Shri Khan is also a Member of the Management Committees of N.R.E.C. College, Khurja, S.M.J.E.C. Inter College and Sanskrit College of Khuja, District Bulandshajr, U.P., Member of Sir Syed Education Development Society of Aligarh, Board Member of Delhi Pubnlic School, Khurja, Bulandshahr, Member of the International Psoriasis Foundation of India.
Shri Khan was Director of India Islamic Cultural Centre till 2008 and was elected as Vice President of India Islamic Cultural Centre, New Delhi in 2008. He is also member of Governing Council of Skill Development Mission of Delhi. He is participating actively for upliftment of weaker sections of the society.
Pushpinder Singh , Member Profile:
Sardar pushpinder singh a learned and versatile mind has taken over as a Member Minorities Commission, Govt. of NCT of Delhi for the Second term. Mr. Singh has made multifarious contribution to National Development, in various capacities. His journalist talent has helped mould public opinion in his stints as Executive Editor as Panthak Samachar Punjabi Daily & presently the best published Punjabi Weekly of the Capital. Executive Editor Auto Focus, Associate Editor Focus Banking, Associate Editor of Living India and CEO & Editor-in-Chief of Ayur Living India TV Channel. He was also instrumental in organizing the biggest culture festival ever Apna Utsav in 1986, as the only non-government person in the 5 member organizing committee nominated by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Sh. Rajiv Gandhi.
His organizational skills have been honed in various key positions including his experience as the Hony. General Secretary of FAIASPDA for more then 8 terms with a 55,000 strong membership all over India. Besides, his social commitment is manifest in his active role as Secretary, Sarab Sanjha Khalsa 3rd Centenary Environment Trust, the only pioneer organization imparting environmental activities amongst the Sikhs and other communities as well and as in his capacity as the Distt. Governor, Lions Clubs International Distt. 321 A2 in 1994 -95 and PRO of Lions Coordination Committee of India (3000 Clubs & One Lakh Thirty Thousand Members).
He has been Member of Panel Advisory Committee of DAVP (Min of I & B) Member FICCI Banking and Finance Committee for several years. Member Delhi Telephone Advisory Committee (Min of Comm) for 2 terms, Member Board of Directors Haryana Tourism (A Govt. of Haryana Undertaking) for 5 years, Member Central Board Film Certification (Min I & B) for 2 terms, Chief Coordinator to all the Guru Nanak Khalsa Colleges, Yamuna Nagar having ten thousand students, Advisor Gandhi Memorial College Ambala, Advisor to GNA Group, Advisor Press Punjab & Sind Bank (A Govt. of India Undertaking) and the Nainital Bank Ltd. for several years. Advisor Press Public Relations, World Sikh University, London and is also member of Punjabi Academy (Govt. of Delhi) for more the a decade. He is widely traveled man in India and abroad.
Mr. A C Michael: Member Profile
A DELHI CATHOLIC APPOINTED AS MEMBER OF DELHI MINORITY COMMISSION
Lt. Governor of National Capital Territory of Delhi on the recommendation of Chief Minister of Delhi appointed one of the well known catholic of Archdiocese of Delhi, Mr. A C Michael, a parishioner of St. Francis De Sales Church, Janak Puri. He represents all the Christians in Delhi. His candidature was supported by the Heads of Church of North India (CNI), Evangelical Fellowship of India (EFI), Baptists and Believers Churches along with Archdiocese of Delhi and All India Catholic Union (AICU).
Mr. A C Michael is known for his involvement in the activities of Archdiocese of Delhi and has worked very closely with late Archbishops of Delhi, Angelo Fernandez and Alan deLastic. He enjoys similar confidence of present Archbishop of Delhi, Most Rev Vincent M Concessao and his Auxiliary Bishop Rt. Rev Franco Mulakkal.
Mr. A C Michael has held various offices in the Archdiocese of Delhi including, Secretary of Diocesan Pastoral Council, Regional Catholic Council of Northern Region, Laity Council, Diocesan Education Scheme and Diocesan Youth Coordinator. He was an architect behind the Exhibition of Christianity in India on the occasion of great jubilee year 2000. Similarly his close involvement has ensure many successful protest rallies in Delhi, including 7-day sit Dharna at the time Kandhamal trouble in 2008. Also some of other large gathering important rallies in 1998 and 2000. He was also the National Coordinator of National United Christian Forum for a brief period. Has represented the Archdiocese of Delhi at National Convention on the occasion of Great Jubilee Year 2000. Also had a privilege to chair the Youth Session at Diocesan Synod in 2002. He is known for sparing lot of his time for the Church activities, one such example is that he took a long leave prior to the visit of Pope John Paul II’s visit to India in 1999 to give supporting hand in manning the media office. During that visit AC received and saw back Pope at the airport along with the few select Asian Cardinals and Archbishops. Currently he holds the honorary office of Official Spokesperson of Federation of Catholic Associations of Archdiocese of Delhi.
- Used to be in Tamil Choir
- Secretary of Youth Wing of Tamil Catholic Sangham
- Class monitor form 5th till 12th standard in the school
- Elected School People Leader in class 11th and 12th
- Started music band (income for association & support for Tamil families in Delhi)
- After school, started Student Welfare Association to support the school in various manners (Founder Secretary of the association)
- Joined Amateur Artist Association and was part of it as Executive Committee Member
- Use to help out the office bearers of DTEA and PTA
- Played football at school state level ; Captain of the school team
- Elected Secretary of Youth Association of Janak Puri Parish
- Actively involved in organising Diocesan Youth Festival (Inter Parish Competition) in the year 1985 along with Diocesan Youth Director, Fr. Neville Lobo
- Following year organised the Youth Festival on our own, which ultimately became the Diocesan Youth Festival (now popularly known as Milan)
- Were part of the Diocesan Youth Group and had contributed in major ways
- Active participation during the visit of Pope John Paul II in 1986
- Appointed Diocesan Youth Coordinator
- Organised inter parish athletic meet/youth festival/fun-&-games
- Annual Retreats for Youth at Diocesan level
- Appointed member of various diocesan commissions by Late Archbishop Angelo Fernandes
- Elected Secretary of Fund Raising Committee for Church in Janak Puri
- Many events were organised to raise funds
- Active member of the Janak Puri Parish Council
- Elected Secretary of Laity Council
- Elected Secretary of Janak Parish Council
- Elected Secretary of Diocesan Education Scheme
- On the editorial board of Voice of Delhi
- Actively participated in the installation ceremony of Archbishop Alan delastic
- Very closely worked with late Archbishop Alan deLastic on media relations
- Handled media on 2nd visit of Pope John Paul II along with Fr. Dominic after taking long leave from job
- Handled media in Agra on the occasion of installation of Archbishop Vincent
- Actively involved in organising various protest rallies
- Part of the drafting committee of rules and regulations of DPC
- Part of the organising committee of National Youth Convention
- Main architect in organising the Exhibition of Christianity in India
- Instrumental in organising a major protest rally at Raj Ghat on Gandhi Jayanti against atrocities of Christians in various parts of the country
- Chaired the Youth Session at Diocesan Synod
- Resigned from full time job and took over as National Coordiantor of National United Christian Forum
- Served as PRO of Communication/Information Bureau of Delhi Archdiocese
- Elected Vice President of Janak Puri Parish Council
- Elected Vice President of Christian Emphasis Committee of New Delhi YMCA
- Elected Vice Chairman of Institute of Media Studies for Information & Technology, YMCA
- Elected Secretary of Diocesan Pastoral Council
- Appointed Secretary of Regional Catholic Council
- Elected member of Catholic Council of India
- Appointed Convenor, Political Affairs, FCAAD
- Appointed member of Delhi Minority Commission