|THE PARTICULARS OF ITS ORGANISITION, FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES Aims and Objectives of the Organisation:
The Department of Forests & Wildlife, Govt. of NCT of Delhi, has been mandated with the responsibility of development of forests, protection of wildlife including their habitats and Preservation of Trees in NCT of Delhi in accordance with the provisions made in the Indian Forests Act, 1927, the Delhi Preservation of Trees Act, 1994, the Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972, the Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980 and the Rules made there under as also the directions issued by the various Courts including the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India on forestry matters including the Ridge. Mission/Vision:
Make all endeavors to:Brief History and background for its establishment:
- Increase the forest and tree cover in NCT of Delhi as envisaged in the National Forests Policy, 1988 by enlisting support of the citizens, institutions(the government, non-government and other land owing agencies in Delhi.
- Protection of forests, wildlife including their habitats and preservation of trees in accordance with provisions made in the acts for improving the environment of Delhi.
Prior to 1987, forest was an unit of Development Department of Delhi Administration and with the Forests/Environment & Wildlife assuming importance of national and international level, the competent authority had created a separate department of Environment, Forests & Wildlife in March, 1987 for implementation of policies and programs related to environment forests and wildlife in Delhi. . Organisational Chart:
Allocation of business:
The issues and matters connected with Forests and Wildlife in NCT of Delhi. Duties to be performed to achieve the mission:
Details of services rendered:
- Afforestation on vacant Government/ Gram Sabha lands, roadsides, ridges, forest land.
- Distribution of saplings free of cost to public
- Preservation of trees and their removal in accordance with the provisions made in the Delhi Preservation of Tree Act, 1994 and rules made there under.
- Protection of notified forest land with the departments and regulating its use for non forestry purposes in accordance with provisions made in the Indian Forest Act, 1927 and the Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980.
The Development of forests & maintenance of greens in NCT of Delhi by the Department provide the much needed environmental and ecological services in the citizens of Delhi. Citizens Interaction:
Interaction with citizens takes place during the meeting workshops and seminars etc over issues related to forestry in Delhi. Postal address of main office, attached/subordinate offices/field units etc.:
Location of Headquarter:
- Headquarter:-The Direction Office of the Department of Forests & Wildlife, GNCTD is at ‘A’ Block, 2nd Floor, Vikas Bhawan, I.P Estate, New Delhi-02.
- North Forest Division:- The Office of the Dy. Conservator of Forest , North Forest Division is at Kamla Nehru Ridge, Delhi-07(011-23853561)
- West Forest Division:- The Office of the Dy. Conservator of Forest, West Forest Division is at Mandir Marg, Delhi-60(011-23361879)
- South Forest Division:- The Office of the Dy. Conservator of Forest, South Forest Division is at Near Karni Singh Shooting Range, Tuglaqabad, Delhi-66(011-26011744)
Office of the Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, ‘A’ Block, 2nd Floor, Vikas Bhawan, I.P Estate, New Delhi-02. Working Hours both for office and public:
9.30 A.M. to 6.00 P.M. Public Interaction, if any.
Any time subject to availability of the Officer in the office. Grievance Redressal Mechanism
The grievances/ complaints on receipt from public through various channels are referred to concerned Divisions for taking necessary action under intimation to the representationist and the source from where it has received.